Essex barn destroyed in blaze
Date of alert:
Monday, 14 February 2022
A barn in Orsett, Essex, England, has been destroyed after a fire broke out yesterday (Monday, February 14).
Firefighters were called to a farm in the Great Braxted area where a grain dryer, holding approximately 20t of maize, was on fire.
On arrival, crews confirmed that the barn, measuring approximately 20mx10m, was completely alight and a 27-year-old male was suffering from burn injuries. Firefighters administered first aid and he was taken to hospital shortly afterwards.
The cause of the fire has been determined as accidental.
Due to difficult water access, crews requested a water bowser from Halstead Fire Station as well as two additional crews from Great Baddow and Maldon to assist with shuttling water to the scene.